This is a replay of a live session showing you a Qigong routine for Spring, taught by myself, Dr. Janice Tucker. I have been teaching Qigong for two decades and am the founder of the Space To Relax Programme of Qigong video lessons. I’m also a practitioner of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. You can join my live classes on Zoom every Thursday at 4 pm Irish time. Click here to join us (lesson replays sent out by email in case you can’t make it).
These classes are free and everyone is welcome. However, if you’d like to contribute as a thank you for the class click here. 50% of donations will go to the ICU staff in my local hospital in Co. Kerry. The other 50% goes towards the upkeep of this website.
Qigong Awareness Exercises – Why Is Awareness So Important?
The skill of developing awareness and discernment during your Qigong practice is potentially extremely valuable. You can develop your powers of observation of mind and body, without any judgement. This enables you to then decide what you need. If you take the time to carefully pay attention and listen to your body and mind, they will give you direction as to how to choose, not only the best Qigong methods for yourself on a particular day but also enable you to develop the skill to make other healthy choices in your life.
Qigong Awareness Exercises – Method
- Begin by taking a comfortable sitting position (more on seated Qigong here).
- Settle into your practice by relaxing your body and mind with Abdominal Breathing. Observe speed, depth, sounds and flow of your breath.
- Following along with the “Supporting Heaven” movement, one of the “8 Pieces of Brocade” method which you can find in my Space To Relax Programme of 50 Qigong videos lessons. Carefully pay attention to your breath, how your arms and hands feel and the state of your mind as you practice.
- Hold the Qi Ball and be aware of how this feels.
- Consolidate your practice with a few abdominal breaths, using the observations of speed, depth, sound and flow, and comparing these with how your breath felt at the beginning of your practice.
Please watch the following videos I made previously which you can use in conjunction with this one.
Previous Live Lesson Replays
Previous live lesson replays are listed below and can be found on my blog page.
What Can I Do Next?
To sign up and attend the live online sessions please click here. Classes are free of charge and suitable if you’re a beginner or have more Qigong experience. Once you sign up I’ll send details to your email with links to the Zoom classes (check your junk/spam folders for notifications). Please share this information with your family and friends as everyone is more than welcome.
If you’d like to take your practice to the next level with my structured, step-by-step Space To Relax Qigong programme of 50 video lessons accompanied by audio and PDF files with support from me every step of the way then click here.
To get my free part video series of 3 Qigong lessons which will be delivered to you by email over the course of one week please click here. In these lessons you’ll learn more about abdominal breathing and Qi movement along with how to rid waste Qi from your body in order to feel more relaxed and energised.
You can also click the red “subscribe” button to join my YouTube channel. That way, you won’t miss any future Qigong lessons from me.