This is a replay of a live session showing you some Qigong for cultivating love, taught by myself, Dr. Janice Tucker. I have been teaching Qigong for two decades and am the founder of the Space To Relax Programme of Qigong video lessons. I’m also a practitioner of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. You can join my live classes on Zoom every Thursday at 4 pm Irish time. Click here to join us (lesson replays sent out by email in case you can’t make it).
These classes are free and everyone is welcome. However, if you’d like to contribute as a thank you for the class click here. 50% of donations will go to the ICU staff in my local hospital in Co. Kerry. The other 50% goes towards the upkeep of this website.
Qigong For Cultivating Love – Introduction
This is a fun Qigong practice in celebration of St. Valentine’s Day. In this video I share with you how to use Qigong to help enhance your energetic connection with others. The methods you’ll see here can apply to romantic relationships and/or relationships with family and friends.
Please remember that you can only invest your Qi in relationships with others once you have invested time in taking care of your own Qi first.
Qigong For Cultivating Love – Method
- Begin by adopting the correct Qigong sitting or standing posture and performing a few abdominal breaths in order to first cultivate your own Qi (see more here).
- If you are practising with a partner, open your eyes to look at them and smile at them. If you are practising alone, picture the other person in your mind’s eye, with your eyes closed.
- Perform the chest/heart opening method to connect to your partner.
- Press the palms towards your partner, sending Qi, joy, love, compassion (or whatever you choose) in their direction. As you bring your palms back to your chest, think of receiving what your partner has sent you.
- Consolidate your practice by finishing with a few abdominal breaths, focusing on yourself and Dan Tian.
Additional Video Resources
You’ll find some other video class replays which you could incorporate into your own Qigong winter routine!
Qigong For Connecting With Yourself and Others.
Arms, Shoulders, Wrists and Hands Routine.
Qigong For Chest Congestion and Anxiety.
Many other live lesson replays can be found on my blog page. I’d encourage you to take a look at some of them and find methods which you can easily combine with this one.
What Can I Do Next?
To sign up and attend the live online sessions please click here. Classes are free of charge and suitable if you’re a beginner or have more Qigong experience. Once you sign up I’ll send details to your email with links to the Zoom classes (check your junk/spam folders for notifications). Please share this information with your family and friends as everyone is more than welcome.
If you’d like to take your practice to the next level with my structured, step-by-step Space To Relax Qigong programme of 50 video lessons accompanied by audio and PDF files with support from me every step of the way then click here.
To get my free part video series of 3 Qigong lessons which will be delivered to you by email over the course of one week please click here. In these lessons you’ll learn more about abdominal breathing, Qi movement and how to rid waste Qi. This will help you to feel more relaxed and energised.
You can also click the red “subscribe” button to join my YouTube channel. That way, you won’t miss any future Qigong lessons from me.
Click here to join our Qigong group on Facebook.