Osteoporosis is a bone disease that occurs when the body loses too much bone, makes too little bone, or both. As a result, bones become weak and may break from a fall or, in serious cases, from sneezing or minor bumps. It can affect men as well as women but it is more common in women. In the video on this page I’m going to show you how you can use Qigong for osteoporosis prevention by strengthening your bones. These methods may also slow down the development of osteoporosis if you have already been diagnosed with this condition.
Janice Tucker is a practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Medical Qigong. She is also the founder of the Space To Relax online programme of Qigong video lessons.
Please head over to YouTube to subscribe to my YouTube channel and click the red “Subscribe” button. That way you won’t miss my regular videos which are full of health enhancing tips. These videos will help you to improve your health and prevent illness from arising in the first place. Also please give this video a “Like” if you found it informative.
Methods of Qigong for Osteoporosis
It is well known that weight bearing exercise such as walking, hiking, jogging, climbing stairs, lifting weights, playing tennis and dancing can help strengthen our bones and thereby manage the condition of osteoporosis.
In the same way, weight bearing Qigong methods will help you if you suffer with osteoporosis and help to improve bone health.
Here is a list of the methods from previous videos which will be helpful for you. Select your favourites and practice them every day as a 10 minute routine of Qigong for osteoporosis.
1. Qigong Morning Routine. Establishing a morning routine will help you get into the habit of regular practice which is important if you are to slow down the progression of osteoporosis. Click here to watch the video.
2. Qigong for Illness Prevention. In this video you will find out why it is much easier to prevent and illness or condition from arising in the first place rather than treat it once it has occurred. Click here to watch the video.
3. Qigong for Cleansing. This lovely 2 minute method can help you to rid any pains or stiffness in the body which might be associated with osteoporosis. You will feel 100% better after doing this! Click here to watch the video.
4. Qigong Standing Posture. Learn the correct standing posture to maximise the flow of Qi, (energy), blood and fluid in to the bones and joints. This method helps if you have developed a hunched posture as a result of loss of bone density. Click here to watch the video.
Where Can I Learn More?
If you would like to learn even more benefits of Qigong for osteoporosis and bone health then:
1. Head over to my Space To Relax homepage. There you can sign up for a free 3 part video series of Qigong lessons. Once you’ve completed the free series you’ll have the opportunity to join my Space To Relax online membership programme of Qigong video lessons. This will allow you to take your practice to a whole new level. You’ll learn many exercises to eliminate health issues before they become a major problem. I’ll guide you step by step through many more effective Qigong methods, all which can be adapted to be used for the condition of osteoporosis.
2. Subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking the red “Subscribe” button. That way you won’t miss my regular videos which are full of useful health enhancing tips. Also please give this video a “Like” and share with me in the comments box what you learned from this video.
3. Join my free Facebook group, “Space To Relax Free Qigong Group” and leave any comments or questions for me there. I’ll be happy to answer them. Also, by joining this group, you will receive regular posts of Qigong articles and videos with really useful tips about how to use Qigong to improve your state of health.