Lesson 31 – Qigong Recharge Exercises (Replay of Live Qigong Class)
This is a replay of a live session showing you a Qigong routine for Spring, taught by myself, Dr. Janice Tucker. I have been teaching Qigong for two decades and am the founder of the Space To Relax Programme of Qigong video lessons. I’m also a practitioner of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. You can join my live classes on Zoom every Thursday at 4 pm Irish time. Click here to join us (lesson replays sent out by email in case you can’t make it).
These classes are free and everyone is welcome. However, if you’d like to contribute as a thank you for the class click here. 50% of donations will go to the ICU staff in my local hospital in Co. Kerry. The other 50% goes towards the upkeep of this website.
Qigong Recharge Exercises – Introduction
This video shows you a quick way in which to replenish your energy levels in situations where you have no opportunity to rest or perform a full Qigong routine. This method is called “Embracing The Tree” or “Standing Like A Tree” and can actually be performed sitting or standing.
- Energising your body;
- Massaging the internal organs by creating conditions for improved Qi flow;
- Calming your mind;
- Developing physical strength and stability in your legs;
- Improving your balance;
- Creating the conditions for open and free flow of Qi in order to smooth any areas of Qi stagnation which can manifest as discomfort or pain.
Method for Qigong Recharge Exercises
- Begin by taking a comfortable standing (more on Qigong stance here) or sitting position (more on seated Qigong here).
- Settle into your practice by relaxing your body and mind with Abdominal Breathing.
- Raise your arms into the “Embracing The Tree” position.
- Stand like a tree for however long is comfortable for you (3 minutes up to 45 minutes for more experienced practitioners).
- As you are standing, use your mind to extend down into the earth, as though you are a tree growing roots. At the same time extend your mind up to the top of your head, opening your crown to allow Qi from above to enter your body. Feel a heavy, grounded sensation in the lower half of your body and lightness from the waist up.
- Perform the “Circles” exercise three times to smooth the flow of Qi in the four directions.
- Consolidate your practice with a few abdominal breaths, taking time to observe any changes in the state of your body and mind.
Integrating Qigong Recharge Exercises Into Your Day
Perform this whole routine, or only part of it, whenever you have a few minutes. This Qigong method works in situations where you may feel you don’t have time to rest and recover but your energy levels are low. Use it for only a few minutes in order to quickly give yourself a welcome boost! 🙂
Please watch the following videos I made previously which you could combine with this one:
- Exhausted? Qigong for Tiredness & Exhaustion.
- Develop greater balance using Qigong for Grounding.
- Strengthen your legs using Qigong for Feet and Ankles.
Previous Live Lesson Replays
Previous live lesson replays are listed below and can be found on my blog page.
What Can I Do Next?
To sign up and attend the live online sessions please click here. Classes are free of charge and suitable if you’re a beginner or have more Qigong experience. Once you sign up I’ll send details to your email with links to the Zoom classes (check your junk/spam folders for notifications). Please share this information with your family and friends as everyone is more than welcome.
If you’d like to take your practice to the next level with my structured, step-by-step Space To Relax Qigong programme of 50 video lessons accompanied by audio and PDF files with support from me every step of the way then click here.
To get my free part video series of 3 Qigong lessons which will be delivered to you by email over the course of one week please go to my homepage. In these lessons you’ll learn more about abdominal breathing and Qi movement along with how to rid waste Qi from your body in order to feel more relaxed and energised.
You can also click the red “subscribe” button to join my YouTube channel. That way, you won’t miss any future Qigong lessons from me.