I’m going to share with you today a very quick and easy beginner Qigong exercise which will leave your hands buzzing and your body brimming with energy. This is THE perfect Qigong for beginners exercise!
Stand up, get ready to join in and I’ll talk you through it very shortly!
Janice Tucker is a practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Medical Qigong, and the founder of the Space To Relax online programme of Qigong video lessons.
Please don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking the red “Subscribe” button if you are watching on YouTube so you don’t miss my regular videos which are full of useful health enhancing tips. These videos will help you to benefit your health and prevent illness from arising in the first place. Also please give this video a “Like” if you found it informative.
THE CIRCLES EXERCISE
1. Check that you are standing in a comfortable position, feet hip width apart with knees slightly bent.
2. Place on hand on top of the other in front of the body.
3. Draw the hands apart slowly. As you lift the hands keep the shoulders relaxed and down.
4. As you raise the hands also raise the body slightly, standing up taller but not locking out the knees. Stay relaxed in the shoulders, avoiding any tension, and keep length in the back of the neck.
5. Gather in energy (Qi) from the outside environment through the hands and finger tips as you raise the arms. Observe any sensations you feel in the hands.
6. As the hands reach the level of the head turn the palms to face each other.
7. As the palms face each other and become closer together sink the weight by bending the knees and draw the hands down in front of the body. The shoulders lead this downward movement and the hands follow. As you do this think of drawing the energy you collected from the outside into the lower abdomen area.
8. Repeat at least three times. The more repeats you perform the more you will feel!
9. To finish, place on hand on top of the other over the lower abdomen area. Circle the hands first in on direction and then in the other.
10. Allow the hands to drop down by your sides. Observe any sensations.
How do you feel after this? Hopefully you noticed that in a very short space of time something started to happen in your hands. You perhaps feel more awake and a bit more alive!
From this short Qigong for beginners exercise you can see that it doesn’t take very long to notice the benefits of Qigong.
If you’d like to progress a further and learn the full version of this exercise then head over to my Space To Relax homepage. Here you can sign up to receive three free video lessons which will be delivered to you by e-mail. The Qigong for beginners exercise you just did is Lesson 2 in the free video series. By practising these simple 5 minute lessons you will get a flavour of the Qigong benefits of feeling much calmer and at the same time more energetic.
If you head over to my free group on Facebook, “Space To Relax Free Group” you can leave any questions for me there and I’ll be happy to answer them. Also, by joining this group, you will receive regular postings of Qigong articles and videos with really useful tips about how to use Qigong to improve your state of health.
Please leave a comment in the comments box next to this video and share what you observed in your hands! 🙂
Please don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking the red “Subscribe” button above so you don’t miss my regular videos which are full of useful health enhancing tips. Also please give this video a “Like” if you learned much more about the Qigong standing posture by reading this article.