Lesson 06 – Qigong For Chest Congestion & Anxiety (Replay of Live Qigong Class)
This is a replay of a live session showing you a Qigong routine for Spring, taught by myself, Dr. Janice Tucker. I have been teaching Qigong for two decades and am the founder of the Space To Relax Programme of Qigong video lessons. I’m also a practitioner of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. You can join my live classes on Zoom every Thursday at 4 pm Irish time. Click here to join us (lesson replays sent out by email in case you can’t make it).
These classes are free and everyone is welcome. However, if you’d like to contribute as a thank you for the class click here. 50% of donations will go to the ICU staff in my local hospital in Co. Kerry. The other 50% goes towards the upkeep of this website.
Qigong For Chest Congestion & Anxiety – Introduction
In this video you can follow along with two tips in order to relieve chest congestion and feelings of anxiety or panic:
1. A simple Qigong stretch to open and promote the flow of Qi from the chest into the arms and hands;
2. The use of the acupuncture point Shanzhong (Ren 17) and how you can apply pressure to this point. This acupressure technique has the effect of helping to unblock congestion in the chest by clearing Phlegm. It also helps to resolve any anxiety and panic, helps calm heart palpitations and helps ease acid indigestion. You can perform this acupressure method when lying in bed at night, focus on abdominal breathing to help relieve stress at the end of the day. You can apply this tip just after performing the Qigong for chest congestion and anxiety stretch above.
In the live class we also spoke about how Qigong could be used to help in the management of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Ear acupuncture came up in this discussion too. The link to find out more about this and how NADA ear acupuncture was used to help emergency workers during 9/11 is here (watch the video on this page as it’s excellent!).
Previous Live Lesson Replays
Previous live lesson replays are listed below and can be found on my blog page:
1. Abdominal breathing and Qigong stance.
2. Circulation of Qi in the Four Directions.
3. Circulation of Qi around the lower abdomen (Dan Tian).
4. Qi Circulation Techniques.
5. Qigong Face Exercises.
What Can I Do Next?
To sign up and attend the live online sessions please click here. Classes are free of charge and suitable if you’re a beginner or have more Qigong experience. Once you sign up I’ll send details to your email with links to the Zoom classes (check your junk/spam folders for notifications).
If you’d like to take your practice to the next level with my structured, step-by-step Space To Relax Qigong programme of 50 video lessons accompanied by audio and PDF files with support from me every step of the way then click here.
To get my free part video series of 3 Qigong lessons which will be delivered to you by email over the course of one week please go to my homepage. In these lessons you’ll learn more about abdominal breathing and Qi movement. You’ll also learn how to rid waste Qi from your body order to feel more relaxed and energised.
You can also click the red “subscribe” button to join my YouTube channel. That way, you won’t miss any future Qigong lessons from me.