Skin conditions affect nearly all of us at one time or another in our lives. These can take the form of acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, to name but a few. In this post you’ll learn how to use Qigong for skin health.
Janice Tucker is a practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Medical Qigong. She is also the founder of the Space To Relax online programme of Qigong video lessons.
Please don’t forget to head over to YouTube and subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking the red “Subscribe” button. That way you won’t miss my regular videos which are full of useful health enhancing tips. These videos will help you to improve your health and prevent illness from arising in the first place. Also please give this video a “Like” if you found it informative.
Skin Health In Terms of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
In terms of TCM the health of the skin involves the Lung system and the digestive system.
You may have noticed that people with breathing difficulties such as asthma may commonly experience eczema too. This is because the Lung system in TCM governs breathing and controls the health of the skin. The associated emotion of the Lung system, grief, can also affect the health of the skin.
Skin health can also be made better or worse by the types of food we eat as this influences the health of our digestive system. If waste Qi (energy) and toxins accumulate in the digestive system they can manifest in the skin. We are all familiar with the fact that the condition of our skin changes for the worse if we eat too much junk food! 🙂
Methods of Qigong for Skin Health
1. Face Massage
This is a very quick and easy method of Qigong for skin health that you can do anywhere! If you have any problems with the skin on your face such as acne, rosacea or facial dermatitis then a simple Qigong face massage can help the circulation in this area and rid toxins from the skin. Rub the palms of the hands together vigorously, place the palms on the face feeling the heat from the hands. Rub the face up the centre and down the sides of the cheeks in multiples of 9. This will leave your skin feeling invigorated, energised and refreshed!
2. Qigong To Boost Your Immunity
This method of Qigong for skin health focuses on immunity as this affects our Lung system and thereby our skin. Refer to a previous video I made on “Qigong for Immunity” which includes and very quick and easy method you can follow along with which will not only help the health of your skin but help enhance your general levels of immunity too.
Other Tips For Skin Health
Manage the food you eat well and this will be reflected in the condition of your skin!
Avoid the following:
• fatty foods
• rich foods (such as lamb and dairy)
• greasy/fried foods
• too much sweet food such as cakes and chocolates
Eat more of the following:
• green, leafy vegetables
• mung beans and aduki beans
• butternut squash
Drink cleansing teas which benefit the digestive system such as peppermint, fennel and nettle.
2. Develop Methods To Express and Manage Grief In A Healthy Way
If you suspect that grief could be contributing to your skin condition then practice meditative methods or seek out treatments which can help you such as acupuncture or counselling. Keeping grief bottled up inside the body never works. Emotions always find an outlet which can be physical in the form of a visible skin condition.
Where Can I Learn More?
If you would like to learn even more benefits of Qigong for skin health and how to elevate your health in general then:
1. Head over to my Space To Relax homepage. There you can sign up for a free 3 part video series of Qigong lessons. Once you’ve completed the free series you’ll have the opportunity to join my Space To Relax online membership programme of Qigong video lessons. This will allow you to take your practice to a whole new level where you will learn many exercises to eliminate health issues before they become a major problem. I’ll guide you step by step through many more effective Qigong methods, all which will improve your overall health and thereby the health of your skin.
2. Subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking the red “Subscribe” button on the YouTube website. That way you won’t miss my regular videos which are full of useful health enhancing tips. Also please give this video a “Like” and share with me in the comments box what your kids thought of the two methods in the video.
3. Join my free Facebook group, “Space To Relax Free Qigong Group” and leave any comments or questions for me there. I’ll be happy to answer them. Also, by joining this group, you will receive regular posts of Qigong articles and videos with really useful tips about how to use Qigong to improve your state of health.