Qigong For Headaches and Migraine
Have you ever had a headache or migraine? If the answer to this question is “No” then you are probably in the minority of people reading this. The World Health Organisation (WHO) reports that “almost half of the adult population have had a headache at least once within the last year“. Among those people, 30% or more have reported migraine. This makes headache one of the most common disorders of the nervous system. (Click here to see the WHO document). If you or someone you know suffers with this problem then watch the video on this page to learn how you can use Qigong for headaches and migraine management.
Janice Tucker is a practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Medical Qigong. She is also the founder of the Space To Relax online programme of Qigong video lessons.
Please head over to YouTube to subscribe to my YouTube channel and click the red “Subscribe” button. That way you won’t miss my regular videos which are full of useful health enhancing tips. These videos will help you to enhance your health and prevent illness from arising in the first place. Also please give this video a “Like” if you found it informative.
The Impact Of Headache and Migraine On Our Lives
You will all no doubt know someone who suffers with recurrent headaches and/or migraine. This is because it is such a common problem affecting people of all ages, races and income levels around the world.
If you’ve ever suffered with a headache you will know that it is painful, miserable and debilitating. Other negative impacts of headache and/or migraine may include:
- Fear of when the next one is going to occur.
- The ability to carry out our daily tasks.
- Days or months of work lost with a consequent financial impact.
- A severely restricted social life.
- Side effects of medication we may take which create further health problems for us.
- A predisposition to further illnesses. The WHO states that “anxiety and depression are significantly more common in people with migraine than in healthy individuals“. Click here for the WHO factsheet.
I think you’ll agree that enduring recurrent headaches or migraine is not an acceptable situation!
The Solution – Qigong For Headaches and Migraine
- Make sure you are hydrated. Although this is not Qigong I’m including this tip here because on many occasions headache can be caused by a lack of fluid intake so ensure that you are drinking plenty of water.
- Discharge With Vibration Method. This is lesson 3 in my free 3 part video series (more about how to access that below). This method will quickly rid pressure in your head literally in the space of less than 5 minutes.
- Qigong for Cleansing. Watch my previous video on “Qigong For Cleansing“. You can use this method of Qigong for headaches and migraine because it helps to rid any waste Qi from your body, i.e. pain, dizziness, nausea, heaviness in the head.
- Face Wash and Massage. This simple method will give you relief from headache. Rub palms together until hot. Close eyes and place palms on eyes feeling the heat from the hands. Face wash. Comb over head down to back of neck. Pluck around eyebrows and under eyes with index finger and thumb. This brings more circulation of Qi into the face and stimulated acupuncture points around the eyes so if you have migraine where vision is affected this can be a very useful little tip to improve things for you.
What Do I Do Next?
If you would like to start using Qigong for headaches and migraine then:
- Head over to my Space To Relax homepage. There you can sign up for a free 3 part video series of Qigong lessons. These three lessons, in addition to the videos referred to above, will give you many useful pain relieving methods to help relieve headaches and migraine. Once you’ve completed the free series you’ll have the opportunity to join my Space To Relax online membership programme of Qigong video lessons. This will allow you to take your practice to a whole new level where you will learn many exercises to relieve pain, calm your mind and eliminate health issues before they become a major problem. This includes many more effective Qigong methods to minimise headaches and migraine.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking the red “Subscribe” button. That way you won’t miss my regular videos which are full of useful health enhancing tips. Also please give this video a “Like” and share with me in the comments box what you do to manage headaches and/or migraine.
- Join my free Facebook group, “Space To Relax Free Group” and leave any comments or questions for me there. I’ll be happy to answer them. Also, by joining this group, you will receive regular posts of Qigong articles and videos with really useful tips about how to use Qigong to improve your state of health.