This is a replay of a live session showing you a Qigong routine for Spring, taught by myself, Dr. Janice Tucker. I have been teaching Qigong for two decades and am the founder of the Space To Relax Programme of Qigong video lessons. I’m also a practitioner of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. You can join my live classes on Zoom every Thursday at 4 pm Irish time. Click here to join us (lesson replays sent out by email in case you can’t make it).
These classes are free and everyone is welcome. However, if you’d like to contribute as a thank you for the class click here. 50% of donations will go to the ICU staff in my local hospital in Co. Kerry. The other 50% goes towards the upkeep of this website.
Qigong For Arms, Elbows, Wrists and Hands – Introduction
In this video you can follow along with some simple methods of Qigong for arms, wrists, elbows and hands. You’ll learn how to help relieve aches, pains and stiffness in these areas using easy to follow Qigong. You’ll also learn an acupressure point which can help relieve elbow, wrist and hand pain.
1. Use Abdominal Breathing to calm the mind and prepare yourself for your practice, focusing on the Dan Tian area (more details here).
2. Using the mind and the breath tilt the neck forward and back, tilt side to side and turn side to side (for more details watch here). Remember to breathe and smile! 🙂
3. Perform shoulder shrugs and rotations to release any tension.
4. With the arms held at shoulder level perform elbow and wrist movements, combining them with the breath and focusing the mind on the joints in order to allow for more Qi and blood flow to enter the areas.
5. Open and close the hands method (see more on this method here).
6. Relax your arms by your sides, turning from one side to the other, allowing your arms to tap the back of the body as you are moving.
7. End this routine with a few abdominal breaths, observing, in particular, any sensations in your arms and hands. Note the position and use of the acupuncture point Quchi (Large Intestine 11) and how to use acupressure to relieve elbow, arm and wrist pain.
Previous Live Lesson Replays
Previous live lesson replays are listed below and can be found on my blog page.
What Can I Do Next?
To sign up and attend the live online sessions please click here. Classes are free of charge and suitable if you’re a beginner or have more Qigong experience. Once you sign up I’ll send details to your email with links to the Zoom classes (check your junk/spam folders for notifications). Please share this information with your family and friends as everyone is more than welcome.
If you’d like to take your practice to the next level with my structured, step-by-step Space To Relax Qigong programme of 50 video lessons accompanied by audio and PDF files with support from me every step of the way then click here.
To get my free part video series of 3 Qigong lessons which will be delivered to you by email over the course of one week please go to my homepage. In these lessons you’ll learn more about abdominal breathing and Qi movement. In addition, you’ll learn how to rid waste Qi from your body order to feel more relaxed and energised.
You can also click the red “subscribe” button to join my YouTube channel. That way, you won’t miss any future Qigong lessons from me.