How To Slow Down With Qigong
In our busy lives it is becoming more important to develop techniques and strategies to enable us to slow down. We all have busy schedules which leads us to feeling overwhelmed and stressed. By slowing down we can learn how to create more “brain space”. This will enable us to focus, concentrate and also overcome the fatigue which results from a hectic, draining schedule of endless tasks. In the video on this page I’ll be showing you how to slow down with Qigong practice so that you can take life in your stride!
Janice Tucker is a practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Medical Qigong. She is also the founder of the Space To Relax online programme of Qigong video lessons.
If you are watching on YouTube please don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking the red “Subscribe” button. That way you won’t miss my regular videos which are full of useful health enhancing tips. These videos will help you to enhance your health and prevent illness from arising in the first place. Also please give this video a “Like” if you found it informative.
Slow Down With Qigong – Why Bother?
The faster we go the harder it is to maintain our energy levels, focus and concentration. When we notice that we are “losing control” we then become stressed. This is not good for our state of mental or physical health. We are all pretty well aware that stress leads ultimately to a breakdown in the body (aches and pains, digestive problems, skin rashes, etc.) or mind (anxiety, depression, panic attacks).
By slowing down and doing things more deliberately we can maintain our energy levels, focus, concentration and control so that we minimise stress, overwhelm and fatigue.
Slow Down With Qigong – The Benefits
The practice of Qigong enables us to take the time to slow down. Nearly every Qigong movement is slow, deliberate and mindful. We can learn how to slow down with Qigong practice of only 5 minutes per day. This will allow your both your body and mind to take a breather and relax. Eventually this practice will start to infiltrate the rest of your daily life with the following positive results:
- you start the day with a more positive and optimistic outlook;
- happier day to day living;
- a deep sense of wellbeing;
- feeling more balanced mentally and physically;
- having a more constant energy supply instead of highs and lows of energy;
- feeling you are moving ahead with your life and are in control;
- able to cope much more effortlessly with issues which you would previously have classed as a major hurdle or problem.
And who wouldn’t want any of these things?
To learn more about establishing your Qigong routine as a head over to my previous video on How to Establish a Qigong Routine.
What Do I Do Next?
If you would like to slow down with Qigong and experience some of the positive benefits listed above then this is what you can do:
- Head over to my Space To Relax homepage to sign up for a free 3 part video series of Qigong lessons.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking the red “Subscribe” button. That way you won’t miss my regular videos which are full of useful health enhancing tips. Also please give this video a “Like” and share with me in the comments box what you do in your life to slow things down and take it easy.
- Join my free Facebook group, “Space To Relax Free Group” and leave any comments or questions for me there. I’ll be happy to answer them. Also, by joining this group, you will receive regular posts of Qigong articles and videos with really useful tips about how to use Qigong to improve your state of health.