Happy New Year! This is traditionally the time of year when everyone wants to get fit and healthy. We want to get rid of the indulgences and excesses of the holiday period. This is what I’ll be showing you in this post. I have a special treat which is how to use Qigong for cleansing.
This exercise is in the paid programme of Space To Relax online video lessons. It’s very quick and easy to perform and will take you around 2 minutes once you become familiar with the sequence of movements. Watch the video and follow along. You need to be in a standing position. Note how you feel before and after the exercise. I think you’ll agree that this is a great way to use Qigong for cleansing your body and mind.
Janice Tucker is a practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Medical Qigong, and the founder of the Space To Relax online programme of Qigong video lessons.
Please don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking the red “Subscribe” button so you don’t miss my regular videos which are full of useful health enhancing tips. These videos will help you to benefit your health and prevent illness from arising in the first place. Also please give this video a “Like” if you found it informative.
Method For Discharging Waste Qi With External Movement
1. Rub hands together until they feel hot.
2. Touch hands with palms together.
3. Think of fingertips and energy in palms.
4. Rub face – should feel temperature in hands and tingling/electricity. Massage face up and down 9x, not only on surface but into deep layers. Do it well and it will have cosmetic effects as it has same frequency as your body – you can’t buy this!
5. Comb forehead and then flatten hands around the back of neck.
6. Rub chest and abdomen up and down to adjust Qi in 3 upper, middle and lower areas of body. 9x
7. Rub chest horizontally. If upset with stuffy chest breathe out after this to discharge all emotion. 9x.
8. Rub abdomen horizontally 9x.
9. Rub kidneys with back of hands in circular movement. Start with large circle decreasing to small and then small circle increasing to large. Then press very hard and deep – release once uncomfortable. 9x in and 9x out.
10. Relax shoulders and shake off arms 9x.
11. Relax waist and hip joint. Bend knees. Men move to left first and women to right. Move waist and spine. The spine is a very important pathway in body. Turning neck here also helps to turn the whole spine to make it move and open up. 9x (once left and right = 1x). Turn as far as is comfortable but to cause a bit of stretching. As you turn look at back of heel.
12. Relax knees. Bend knees, at the same time bend elbows, lifting hands towards shoulders in a relaxed way. As you do this exhale. Repeat for 9x.
13. Relax ankles. Men circle left first and women right. 9x each ankle.
What Do I Do Next?
Learn the sequence of movements and practice this daily because this is the best way in which to maximise Qigong for cleansing the body, especially at the end of the day or anytime you feel tired.
Similarly, there is another way to use Qigong for cleansing (especially after alcohol consumption) in one of my previous blogs so you might want to take a look at that too. It’s called “Combatting Excess With the Ba Duan Jin“.
If you loved this exercise and want to take your Qigong practice to a whole other level of experience then head over to the website and take a look at the information on becoming a Space To Relax member.
Alternatively, if you are undecided about joining Space To Relax you can sign up on the homepage to receive three free video lessons which will be delivered to you by e-mail over the course of a few days. Also for a free audio meditation “Calm Your Busy Mind In 8 Minutes” scroll to the bottom of the Space To Relax homepage to sign up for that.
Also, please don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking the red “Subscribe” button so you don’t miss my regular videos which are full of useful health enhancing tips and furthermore give this video a “Like” if you learned much more about utilising Qigong for cleansing.
In addition, you can head over to my free group on Facebook, “Space To Relax Free Group” and leave any questions for me there. I’ll be happy to answer them. Also, by joining this group, you will receive regular postings of Qigong articles and videos with really useful tips about how to use Qigong to improve your state of health.
Finally, please leave a comment in the comments box next to this video if you now have a clearer direction in which to go to use Qigong for cleansing and detoxification! I’d love to hear your tips as to what you do to feel better after overindulging in food and drink. If we all share our ideas then we can all help each other to regain the balance that’s needed in order to feel healthy and supercharged with energy! 🙂
And once again……HAPPY NEW YEAR!