This is a replay of a live session showing you a Qigong routine for Spring, taught by myself, Dr. Janice Tucker. I have been teaching Qigong for two decades and am the founder of the Space To Relax Programme of Qigong video lessons. I’m also a practitioner of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. You can join my live classes on Zoom every Thursday at 4 pm Irish time. Click here to join us (lesson replays sent out by email in case you can’t make it).
These classes are free and everyone is welcome. However, if you’d like to contribute as a thank you for the class click here. 50% of donations will go to the ICU staff in my local hospital in Co. Kerry. The other 50% goes towards the upkeep of this website.
Qigong for Present Moment Living – Introduction
If you have been enjoying these classes during the last couple of months and you’d like to donate something by way of a thank you, I’ll be giving 50% of donations to the ICU nurses in my local hospital. Click here to donate.
Introduction To Qigong for Present Moment Living
In this video you can follow along with some Qigong for present moment living. Often our minds are not in the present. We can be distracted by thoughts from the past or worrying about the future. The purpose of this Qigong routine is to bring you into the present moment and experience the feeling of being in the now!
Method for Qigong Present Moment Living
Choose a comfortable sitting or standing position for this practice.
1. Begin with Abdominal Breathing. Click here for more details;
2. Combine the movement of the lower abdomen, the breath and the mind for a few breaths.
3. Swimming Dragon Arm Exercise. Follow along with me in the video for a few rounds of this exercise. Once we finish think about where your mind was during the practice; in the past, present or future? Were you distracted by what you had to do later that day (go shopping, cook dinner, do stuff with the kids) or were you fully immersed in the present moment of your practice, with your mind focused on your breath and movement?
Integration into Your Day
You can use Qigong to bring yourself into the present moment anytime you wish. Even if you don’t have time to practice the Swiming Dragon movements, you can always bring your mind to your breathing at any time. The result is that your mind will feel calmer and more relaxed.
Previous Live Lesson Replays
Previous live lesson replays are listed below and can be found on my blog page.
What Can I Do Next?
To sign up and attend the live online sessions please click here. Classes are free of charge and suitable if you’re a beginner or have more Qigong experience. Once you sign up I’ll send details to your email with links to the Zoom classes (check your junk/spam folders for notifications). Please share this information with your family and friends as everyone is more than welcome.
If you’d like to take your practice to the next level with my structured, step-by-step Space To Relax Qigong programme of 50 video lessons accompanied by audio and PDF files with support from me every step of the way then click here.
To get my free part video series of 3 Qigong lessons which will be delivered to you by email over the course of one week please go to my homepage. In these lessons you’ll learn more about abdominal breathing and Qi movement along with how to rid waste Qi from your body order to feel more relaxed and energised.
You can also click the red “subscribe” button to join my YouTube channel. That way, you won’t miss any future Qigong lessons from me.
If you’re anything like me you’ll go thorough times when you just can’t switch off the endless mind chatter and over thinking. If this sounds like you then you’ll find this video invaluable. Below I share with you my 3 tips on how to use Qigong for mind chatter control!
Janice Tucker is a practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Medical Qigong. She is also the founder of the Space To Relax online programme of Qigong video lessons.
Please don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking the red “Subscribe” button above. That way you won’t miss my regular videos which are full of useful health enhancing tips. These videos will help you to benefit your health and prevent illness from arising in the first place. Also please give this video a “Like” if you found it informative.
It can be exhausting when you just can’t seem to turn your brain off. What can often happen is that all of this chaotic brain activity ends up stagnating us. We end up feeling paralysed by the overwhelm in our brains. We might then crucify ourselves, beating ourselves up for procrastinating and not moving forward. Does any of this sound familiar?
3 Methods To Minimise Mind Chatter
1. Breathe into your lower belly. Inhaling into the lower abdomen (Dan Tian) area calms your mind. It also brings the chaotic Qi (energy) in your head down into your belly so that you feel more grounded. This will result in your mind being clearer and more focused. When you are clear and focused in your mind you become more efficient at carrying out everyday activities. This has the knock on effect of saving you time so that you get more done resulting in less stress!
2. Give yourself something else to think about. If you are distracted by busy thoughts and can’t concentrate on your breathing the giving yourself something else to think about can help. As you breathe in say the mantra to yourself, “I’m breathing in”. As you breathe out say to yourself, “Relax”. It is very difficult for the mind chatter to creep in if you are saying these words to yourself. This method is a perfect example of how to use Qigong for mind chatter and its control.
3. Dump the mind chatter. Write down any worries, things to do, emotions or distractions on a piece of paper. Once they are out of your brain and on paper you will notice a huge difference. This is because you are clearing brain space and no longer have to hold busy thoughts in your mind as they are safely on paper.
What Do I Do Next?
For more information on how to use Qigong for mind chatter head over to a previous video on my website called “How to Calm Down With Qigong” where you can learn a even more detail about the breathing methods I describe here.
To learn even more about how you can use Qigong for mind chatter minimisation go to the Space To Relax homepage. There you can sign up to receive three free video lessons which will be delivered to you by e-mail over the course of a few days. Also, for a free audio meditation “Calm Your Busy Mind In 8 Minutes” scroll to the bottom of the Space To Relax homepage.
Please don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking the red “Subscribe” button. Then you won’t miss my regular videos which are full of useful health enhancing tips. Also please give this video a “Like” if you learned more about Qigong for mind chatter and how to control it.
If you are on Facebook head over to my free group, “Space To Relax Free Group” and leave any comments or questions for me there. I’ll be happy to answer them. Also, by joining this group, you will receive regular posts of Qigong articles and videos with really useful tips about how to use Qigong to improve your state of health.
Receive your FREE Video Series by entering your details below
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.