Have you ever suffered with eye problems? If you have you’ll know just how uncomfortable and depressing this can be. This is because your eyes are one of the most sensitive organs in your body. Any interference with healthy functioning of your eyes can make you feel anxious, irritable and depressed. Even simple long or short-sightedness, teary eyes or dry, gritty eyes can cause us worry and misery. In the video today you’ll learn some simple Qigong eye exercises to help you keep your eyes in the best health possible.
According to the National Eye Institute in the United States, the estimated annual economic burden of vision loss, eye diseases and vision disorders in the U.S. amounts to $139 billion!!! (March 2014). These disorders include glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy and cataracts. However, we don’t have to have serious eye disorders for us to be negatively impacted by poor eye health.
Janice Tucker is a practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Medical Qigong. She is also the founder of the Space To Relax online programme of Qigong video lessons.
Please head over to my YouTube channel and click the red “Subscribe” button above so you don’t miss my regular videos which are full of useful health enhancing tips. These videos will help you to enhance your health and prevent illness from arising in the first place. Also please give this video a “Like” if you found it informative.
3 Qigong Eye Exercises (Plus A Bonus Video)
Every organ in Chinese medicine is associated with a sense organ. The Liver opens into the eyes so Qigong eye exercises generally focus on improving the smooth flow of Qi through the Liver channel and into the Liver organ itself.
- Close your eyes. Concentrate on your eyes. Move your eyeballs up and down vertically, then side to side, then in circles. Open your eyes and look forward, then to both sides, then circle the eyes. Repeat a few times.
- Close your eyes. Use your imagination to look at a fixed object, e.g. a tree or flower a few metres away. Open your eyes and look at the same object, or look at it with one eye at a time. Repeat a few times.
- Close your eyes. Rub palms together to generate heat. Place them over eyes for a few seconds. Rub face up and down with a “face wash” action. Open the eyes and observe the brightness and clarity of your vision!
- Refer to a previous video “Combating Excess With The Ba Duan Jin” which shows you a method which smooths the flow of Liver Qi and therefore benefits the eyes. It’s also great for easing the after effects of too much alcohol through its action on the Liver system! 🙂
What Do I Do Next?
If you would like to start using Qigong for eye health then:
- Head over to my Space To Relax homepage. There you can sign up for a free 3 part video series of Qigong lessons. These three lessons, in addition to the Qigong eye exercises referred to above, help to improve general eye health. Once you’ve completed the free series you’ll have the opportunity to join my Space To Relax online membership programme of Qigong video lessons. This will allow you to take your practice to a whole new level where you will learn many exercises to relieve pain, calm your mind and eliminate health issues before they become a major problem. This includes many more effective Qigong methods which work to harmonise the Liver and thereby its associated sense organ, the eyes.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking the red “Subscribe” button. That way you won’t miss my regular videos which are full of useful health enhancing tips. Also please give this video a “Like” and share with me in the comments box any tips you might have to improve the health of your eyes.
- Join my free Facebook group, “Space To Relax Free Group” and leave any comments or questions for me there. I’ll be happy to answer them. Also, by joining this group, you will receive regular posts of Qigong articles and videos with really useful tips about how to use Qigong to improve your state of health.