This is a replay of a live session showing you a Qigong routine for Spring, taught by myself, Dr. Janice Tucker. I have been teaching Qigong for two decades and am the founder of the Space To Relax Programme of Qigong video lessons. I’m also a practitioner of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. You can join my live classes on Zoom every Thursday at 4 pm Irish time. Click here to join us (lesson replays sent out by email in case you can’t make it).
These classes are free and everyone is welcome. However, if you’d like to contribute as a thank you for the class click here. 50% of donations will go to the ICU staff in my local hospital in Co. Kerry. The other 50% goes towards the upkeep of this website.
Qigong Method to Absorb Qi from the Sun – Introduction
In this video you can follow along with a methods to absorb Qi from the sun. This is a shortened version of the much more detailed method that you can learn in my Space To Relax programme of Qigong video lessons.
You can use this method to bring in healing warmth to your body. The sun has very strong Yang energy which is responsible for the warming, moving and activating functions of your body. In order to take this energy from the sun you need to be able to adjust your frequency to that of nature. Many Qigong methods enable you to do this.
Absorbing Qi from the sun is one Qigong method to tonify your Qi, i.e. gain more energy. When the sun’s energy is absorbed into Dan Tian it tonifies the Yang, i.e. enables the warming, moving and activating functions of the body to take place more efficiently.
This is a good method for if you feel cold, tired or lacking in energy. It can warm, energise and revitalise you.
Qigong Routine To Absorb Qi From The Sun
1. Begin with Abdominal Breathing to get into the “Qigong State” of calm and relaxation (more details here).
2. If standing, stand in Qigong stance with hands near to your sides or just in front, elbows slightly bent, palms facing in the direction of the sun with fingers naturally separated and relaxed. When sitting, sit up straight with the backs of your hands on your knees, palms facing upwards. If lying down, lie with your hands by your sides, palms facing upwards.
3. Think of the pathway from the hands, wrists, up the arms to the shoulders, chest and upper back and down into Dan Tian (3x in total). Think of the whole pathway being loose and relaxed – open it up so that energy from the sun can enter.
4. Think of bringing sunlight to the palms. The palm is like a solar panel. This is a key point. If you fail to think of the solar panel then it will be difficult to absorb solar energy. Feel the sensation of temperature on the hands. Repeat 3x in total.
5. Think of warming, activating the sun’s energy travelling to Dan Tian, dilating the pathways of Qi and blood flow, and evaporating any pain in the body. The mind is very important here so keep it calm and quiet. Take 9 abdominal breaths to bring the sun’s Qi from the palms into Dan Tian.
6. Breathe into Dan Tian a few times using your abdominal breath. Rub the palms together vigorously then place them on the face rubbing the face a few times.
Integration into Your Day
This exercise is best practiced when you can see the sun. However, if it’s cloudy, you can still perform this method as you know that the sun is up there behind the clouds! 😎 Obviously, you can feel the effects of this method more when the temperature is warm.
Previous Live Lesson Replays
Previous live lesson replays are listed below and can be found on my blog page.
What Can I Do Next?
To sign up and attend the live online sessions please click here. Classes are free of charge and suitable if you’re a beginner or have more Qigong experience. Once you sign up I’ll send details to your email with links to the Zoom classes (check your junk/spam folders for notifications). Please share this information with your family and friends as everyone is more than welcome.
If you’d like to take your practice to the next level with my structured, step-by-step Space To Relax Qigong programme of 50 video lessons accompanied by audio and PDF files with support from me every step of the way then click here.
To get my free part video series of 3 Qigong lessons which will be delivered to you by email over the course of one week please go to my homepage. In these lessons you’ll learn more about abdominal breathing and Qi movement. In addition, you’ll learn how to rid waste Qi from your body order to feel more relaxed and energised.
You can also click the red “subscribe” button to join my YouTube channel. That way, you won’t miss any future Qigong lessons from me.