Lesson 33 – Qigong For Fear Release (Replay of Live Qigong Class)
This is a replay of a live session showing you a Qigong routine for Spring, taught by myself, Dr. Janice Tucker. I have been teaching Qigong for two decades and am the founder of the Space To Relax Programme of Qigong video lessons. I’m also a practitioner of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. You can join my live classes on Zoom every Thursday at 4 pm Irish time. Click here to join us (lesson replays sent out by email in case you can’t make it).
These classes are free and everyone is welcome. However, if you’d like to contribute as a thank you for the class click here. 50% of donations will go to the ICU staff in my local hospital in Co. Kerry. The other 50% goes towards the upkeep of this website.
Qigong For Fear Release – Introduction
This is a replay of a live session showing you some Qigong for fear release. This is a quick way in which to process fear, which may be conscious or subconscious, in a healthy way.
Fear can be a good thing in that it can protect us against danger, warning us to flee or preparing us to meet a situation head-on (“fight or flight”). In terms of Chinese medicine, fear is the associated emotion of the Kidney system. Therefore when we experience chronic fear we may notice issues associated with the areas governed by the Kidney (either directly or indirectly) such as:
- an increased heartbeat, palpitations or increased blood pressure;
- shortness of breath or superficial, shallow breathing;
- that we are slow to recover from illness or injury;
- digestive issues;
- feelings of anxiety, stress or panic;
- reduced libido;
- aches and pains in the lower back and knees;
- kidney infections or urinary tract infections.
The aim of this Qigong routine is to create the conditions in which we can:
- Discharge any “waste Qi” in the form of fear which has become blocked or trapped inside the body or mind;
- Hit the “reset” button to promote the free flow of Qi so that fear and other emotions cannot reside in the body for too long.
Qigong For Fear Release – Method
- Begin by taking a comfortable standing (more on Qigong stance here) or sitting position (more on seated Qigong here).
- Settle into your practice by relaxing your body and mind with Abdominal Breathing.
- Stand on your tiptoes as you inhale. Drop back down onto your heels as you exhale, thinking of releasing fear through the soles of the feet as you do so. Repeat for a minimum of 6 times (you can perform many more repetitions).
- You have now created a space where the fear was, which can be filled with peace, calm, gentleness or courage. Each time you inhale, think of inhaling one of these healing qualities. Repeat 6 times (or more).
- Use your hands to massage your lower back and kidney area.
- Use acupressure to massage to Kidney 1 (Yongquan) on the sole of each foot for a couple of minutes.
- Consolidate your practice with a few abdominal breaths, taking time to observe any changes in the state of your body and mind.
Integrating This Qigong For Fear Release Exercise Recovery Into Your Day
Perform this whole routine, or only part of it, daily. You can tailor this practice to the amount of time you have available making it last anything from 5 minutes up to one hour.
Please watch the following videos I made previously which you could combine with this one:
Previous Live Lesson Replays
Previous live lesson replays are listed below and can be found on my blog page.
What Can I Do Next?
Special Offer For First 20 People Available Until Monday At Midnight
Click here to join Space To Relax and take your Qigong practice to a higher level for only €9.99 for the first month then half the listed website price should you decide to continue after this!
To sign up and attend the live online sessions please click here. Classes are free of charge and suitable if you’re a beginner or have more Qigong experience. Once you sign up I’ll send details to your email with links to the Zoom classes (check your junk/spam folders for notifications). Please share this information with your family and friends as everyone is more than welcome.
If you’d like to take your practice to the next level with my structured, step-by-step Space To Relax Qigong programme of 50 video lessons accompanied by audio and PDF files with support from me every step of the way then click here.
To get my free part video series of 3 Qigong lessons which will be delivered to you by email over the course of one week please go to my homepage. In these lessons you’ll learn more about abdominal breathing and Qi movement along with how to rid waste Qi from your body in order to feel more relaxed and energised.
You can also click the red “subscribe” button to join my YouTube channel. That way, you won’t miss any future Qigong lessons from me.