Lesson 53 – Qigong Massage For Face, Head and Neck (Replay of Live Qigong Class)
This is a replay of a live session showing you a Qigong massage for face, head and neck, taught by myself, Dr. Janice Tucker. I have been teaching Qigong for two decades and am the founder of the Space To Relax Programme of Qigong video lessons. This programme is on offer until midnight on Thursday 1st April, 2021 when the price will increase. Click here for more information and to avail of the lower price while you still can!
I’m also a practitioner of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. You can join my live classes on Zoom every Thursday at 4 pm Irish time. Click here to join us (lesson replays sent out by email in case you can’t make it).
These classes are free and everyone is welcome. However, if you’d like to contribute as a thank you for the class click here. 50% of donations will go to the ICU staff in my local hospital in Co. Kerry. The other 50% goes towards the upkeep of this website.
Qigong Massage For Face, Head and Neck – Introduction
By massaging the face, head and neck we can create conditions for more open and free flow of both Qi and blood. There are so many points on the face and head so this practice can not only benefit these areas but the whole body as the head is connected to the body!
Benefits of Qigong face and head massage include:
- help to relieve eye conditions;
- relief of headaches and migraine;
- managing high blood pressure, dizziness and vertigo;
- relief of face and jaw pain;
- clearing of the sinuses;
- easing the pain of ear infections or other ear problems;
- relaxing the neck and shoulder muscles;
- calming the mind so helping to manage insomnia and anxiety;
- a smoother complexion so that you look younger!
This routine can be practiced anytime although as part of your Qigong morning routine it is perfect for starting the day bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
Qigong Massage For Face, Head and Neck – Method
- Begin either sitting or standing with abdominal breathing to bring yourself into the Qigong state.
- Rub your palms together until they become hot then massage the whole face by rubbing it gently with the hands.
- Massage eyes.
- Use the thumbs to massage the ears.
- Massage nose.
- Find point Xiaguan (Stomach 7) on the jaw and massage that to help relieve any jaw tension.
- Find point Yintang and rub with the thumbs to help calm the mind, relieve sinus pain and, combined with points from my last video on high blood pressure (see link below), help manage hypertension, dizziness and vertigo.
- Massage point Taiyang to help manage headaches, migraines, sinus, eye problems and toothache.
- Massage point Fengchi (Gallbladder 20) to help manage headaches, neck pain, dizziness and vertigo.
- Perform gentle neck stretches using the mind and the breath to release tension in the neck and shoulders.
- Finish your routine with a face rub and a few abdominal breaths.
Click the word below for futher location notes on the acupressure points:
Additional Video Resources
Many other live lesson replays can be found on my blog page. I’d encourage you to take a look at some of them and find methods which you can easily combine with this one.
What Can I Do Next?
To sign up and attend the live online sessions please click here. Classes are free of charge and suitable if you’re a beginner or have more Qigong experience. Once you sign up I’ll send details to your email with links to the Zoom classes (check your junk/spam folders for notifications). Please share this information with your family and friends as everyone is more than welcome.
If you’d like to take your practice to the next level with my structured, step-by-step Space To Relax Qigong programme of 50 video lessons accompanied by audio and PDF files with support from me every step of the way then it is on offer until midnight of 1st April 2021. Click here to avail of the special discount price.
To get my free part video series of 3 Qigong lessons which will be delivered to you by email over the course of one week please click here. In these lessons you’ll learn more about abdominal breathing, Qi movement and how to rid waste Qi. This will help you to feel more relaxed and energised.
You can also click the red “subscribe” button to join my YouTube channel. That way, you won’t miss any future Qigong lessons from me.
Click here to join our Qigong group on Facebook.