Lesson 71 – Qigong For Driving Without Tension Or Pain (Replay of Live Qigong Class)
This video shows you some Qigong for driving without tension or pain (or on a long haul flight/train journey) and includes how to adjust your sitting position and posture along with some simple fatigue relieving movements. It was taught by myself, Dr. Janice Tucker, the founder of the Space To Relax Programme of Qigong video lessons.
These classes are free and everyone is welcome, however, if you’d like to contribute as a thank you for the class click here. 50% of donations will go to the ICU staff in my local hospital in Co. Kerry. The other 50% goes towards the upkeep of this website.
I have been teaching Qigong for two decades and am a practitioner of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. My passion is helping people just like you to develop skills, knowledge and tools to rebalance and maintain your health.
You can join my live classes on Zoom every Thursday at 4 pm Irish time. Click here to join us (lesson replays sent out by email in case you can’t make it).
Qigong For Driving Without Tension Or Pain – Introduction
When we are driving long distances (or taking a long haul flight or train journey) then our neck and shoulders can often accumulate tension, stiffness or pain. Also, when we sit for long periods of time we may feel heaviness in the legs, stiffness in the back or even sciatic pain which can take some time to recover from after our journey.
Qigong can help you to minimise the negative physical effects of long journeys.
By the end of the class shown in the video on this page you’ll know how to:
- Set up your car seat so that’s it’s the most comfortable for you;
- Adopt the ideal sitting posture in order to encourage free Qi flow and relieve discomfort while driving (or flying);
- Perform some simple Qigong movements and stretches if you are stationary in your car or on a long flight/train/bus journey.
The results of the Qigong sitting position and exercises you may observe include:
- Less pain, tension and stiffness in your neck, shoulders, back, hips and legs;
- Less tiredness and exhaustion at the end of your journey.
The tips you’ll learn in the video on this page can also help you if you spend long periods of time sitting at a desk in front of a computer.
Qigong For Driving Without Tension Or Pain – Method
- Set up your car seat – use a cushion on the seat and a towel or lumbar support for your back. Check the position of your head against the headrest, keeping your head in contact with the headrest at all times.
- Qigong sitting posture – Ensure your lower back is pushed well back against the seat, the whole of your back in contact with the seat, your head is in contact with the headrest, your chin tucked back towards the throat and the shoulders pulled back.
Note: make sure you monitor this position frequently – a reminder note on your dashboard will help you with this!
- Qigong exercises to help relieve tension and stiffness from head to toe.
- Tapping and massage around the face, head and neck to help relieve tiredness and fatigue.
Additional Video Resources
- How To Set Up Your Car Seat For Maximum Comfort
- Bob & Brad’s Video For Driving Without Back, Neck and Sciatic Pain
- Seated Qigong Exercises
- Qigong Exercises While Sitting At A Desk
- Qigong For Shoulder & Neck Pain
You’ll find many other live lesson replays on my blog page. Take a look at some of them to find methods that you can easily combine with this one. You can use the search box on the blog page to find any topics you are interested in.
What Can I Do Next?
To sign up and attend the live online sessions please click here. Classes are free of charge and suitable if you’re a beginner or have more Qigong experience. After you sign up I’ll send details to your email with links to the Zoom classes. Check your junk/spam folders for notifications and then share this information with your family and friends as everyone is more than welcome.
If you’d like to take your practice to the next level with my structured, step-by-step Space To Relax Qigong programme of 50 video lessons accompanied by audio and PDF files with support from me every step of the way then click here.
To get my free part video series of 3 Qigong lessons which will be delivered to you by email over the course of one week please click here. In these lessons, you’ll learn more about abdominal breathing, Qi movement and how to rid waste Qi. This will help you to feel more relaxed and energised.
If you are new to Qigong you’ll probably find my Ultimate Guide To Health and Wellbeing With Qigong very helpful which explains the origins and benefits of Qigong along with 10 beginner Qigong exercises to get you started.
You can click the red “subscribe” button to join my YouTube channel. That way you won’t miss any future Qigong lessons from me.
Click here to join our Qigong group on Facebook.