Lesson 14-Qigong Method to Absorb Qi from the Moon (Replay of Live Qigong Class)
This is a replay of a live session showing you a Qigong routine for Spring, taught by myself, Dr. Janice Tucker. I have been teaching Qigong for two decades and am the founder of the Space To Relax Programme of Qigong video lessons. I’m also a practitioner of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. You can join my live classes on Zoom every Thursday at 4 pm Irish time. Click here to join us (lesson replays sent out by email in case you can’t make it).
These classes are free and everyone is welcome. However, if you’d like to contribute as a thank you for the class click here. 50% of donations will go to the ICU staff in my local hospital in Co. Kerry. The other 50% goes towards the upkeep of this website.
Qigong Method to Absorb Qi from the Moon – Introduction
In this video you can follow along with a methods to absorb Qi from the moon. This is a shortened version of the much more detailed method that you can learn in my Space To Relax programme of Qigong video lessons.
The moon has strong Yin energy. The Yin functions of the body are those of cooling, moistening and nourishing. In order to take this energy from the moon you need to be able to adjust your frequency to that of nature. Qigong methods enable you to do this.
The Moon Qigong exercise is one method to TONIFY your Qi, i.e. gain more energy. When lunar energy is absorbed into Dan Tian it tonifies the Yin and has a specific effect on your emotions. It can address the hyperactivity of Yang (manifesting as too much heat or movement) and restore balance to the body. This is a good method for if you feel anxious or restless. It can help you to feel calm and comfortable. It is a very special calming method due to the special cooling effects of the moon.
For women, this is an excellent method to practice in the days before menstruation. It helps to calm excess heat and fire in the body at a time when the body has a tendency to overheat.
Qigong Routine To Absorb Qi From The Moon
1. Begin with Abdominal Breathing to get into the “Qigong State” of calm and relaxation (more details here).
2. If standing, stand in Qigong stance with hands near to your sides or just in front, elbows slightly bent, palms facing in the direction of the moon with fingers naturally separated and relaxed. When sitting, sit up straight with the backs of your hands on your knees, palms facing upwards. If lying down, lie with your hands by your sides, palms facing upwards.
3. Think of the pathway from the hands, wrists, up the arms to the shoulders, chest and upper back and down into Dan Tian (3x in total). Think of the whole pathway being loose and relaxed – open it up so that energy from the moon can enter.
4. Think of bringing moonlight to the palms. The palm is like a lunar panel. This is a key point. If you fail to think of the lunar panel then it will be difficult to absorb the moon’s energy. Feel the sensations on the hands. Repeat 3x in total.
5. Think of cooling and calming moon Qi travelling to Dan Tian. The mind is very important here so keep it calm and quiet. Take 9 abdominal breaths to bring the moon’s Qi from the palms into Dan Tian.
6. Breathe into Dan Tian a few times using your abdominal breath. Rub the palms together vigorously then place them on the face rubbing the face a few times.
Integration into Your Day
The best time to practice this method is between 11 pm and 1 am on days 14-17 of the lunar calendar when the moon is full. At this time the moonlight is very good but it also has other effects. It is very common for us not to use our time to think about the moon. Do this more during these 4 days and spend some time reviewing your Qigong practice. At this time you can extract energy from the moon but also gain inspiration.
Previous Live Lesson Replays
Previous live lesson replays are listed below and can be found on my blog page.
What Can I Do Next?
To sign up and attend the live online sessions please click here. Classes are free of charge and suitable if you’re a beginner or have more Qigong experience. Once you sign up I’ll send details to your email with links to the Zoom classes (check your junk/spam folders for notifications). Please share this information with your family and friends as everyone is more than welcome.
If you’d like to take your practice to the next level with my structured, step-by-step Space To Relax Qigong programme of 50 video lessons accompanied by audio and PDF files with support from me every step of the way then click here.
To get my free part video series of 3 Qigong lessons which will be delivered to you by email over the course of one week please go to my homepage. In these lessons you’ll learn more about abdominal breathing and Qi movement. In addition, you’ll learn how to rid waste Qi from your body order to feel more relaxed and energised.
You can also click the red “subscribe” button to join my YouTube channel. That way, you won’t miss any future Qigong lessons from me.