This video shows you a Qigong healing sound for kidney health and a short “inner smile” meditation to warm and energise the kidney and lower back area. This is a useful routine for winter, the season associated with our Kidney system in Chinese medicine, and the time of year to pay the most attention to protecting our Kidney system from cold.
This lesson was taught by myself, Dr. Janice Tucker, the founder of the Space To Relax Programme of Qigong video lessons.
If you’d like to contribute as a thank you for the class click here. 50% of donations will go to the ICU staff in my local hospital in Co. Kerry. The other 50% goes towards the upkeep of this website.
I have been teaching Qigong for two decades and am a practitioner of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. My passion is helping people just like you to develop skills, knowledge and tools to rebalance and maintain your health.
Qigong Healing Sound For Kidney – Introduction
In Traditional Chinese Medicine the season associated with the Kidney system is Winter. This is the time when our Kidney system needs a little more attention, bolstering and protection because Kidney is easily damaged by cold.
Our Kidney system is responsible for:
- Birth, growth, reproduction and sexuality;
- Hair growth;
- Fluid balance;
- Opening and closing of the “Yin orifices” (urethra and anus);
- Lower back, knees and teeth.
When our Kidney system is under pressure or deficient we may observe signs such as:
- Premature birth, slow growth in children, loss of libido, fertility issues;
- Premature baldness or thinning hair;
- Water retention, especially from the waist down;
- Pain, aches, weakness or stiffness in the lower back and/or knees;
- Problems with teeth.
In addition to Kidney being susceptible to cold, this system is also easily damaged by the emotions of fear and shock. Its associated taste is salty so a Kidney deficient person may crave salty foods.
The Qigong routine in the video on this page shows you a simple Qigong healing sound for Kidney which helps to rid or “discharge” any sick or waste Qi from the organ system. The second part of the routine is a lovely meditation for the Kidney for you to follow along with.
Qigong Healing Sound For Kidney – Method
- Begin by standing and performing a few abdominal breaths to bring yourself into the Qigong state.
- Use the movements, breath and mind along with the healing sound for Kidney which is “Chui” (pronounced “Chway”). Repeat six times to each side then rest your arms by your sides and observe your body and breathing. Repeat as many times as you wish. Because this is a discharging method then it is best to practice outside or near an open window (but not in a draught) so that the sick Qi dissipates into the atmosphere and does not remain in your living space.
- Follow along with my voice for the simple Qigong meditation for Kidney.
- Consolidate your practice with a few abdominal breaths.
Additional Video Resources & Further Tips
In addition to this routine of Qigong for muscle and joint stiffness, you may find the routines listed below helpful.
- Qigong for Backache, Pain and Stiffness
- Opening the Gate of Life
- Qigong Winter Routine Part 1
- Qigong Winiter Routine Part 2
You’ll find many other live lesson replays on my blog page. Take a look at some of them to find methods that you can easily combine with this one. You can use the search box on the blog page to find any topics you are interested in.
What Can I Do Next?
If you’d like to take your practice to the next level with my structured, step-by-step Space To Relax Qigong programme of 50 video lessons accompanied by audio and PDF files with support from me every step of the way then click here.
To get my free part video series of 3 Qigong lessons which will be delivered to you by email over the course of one week please click here. In these lessons, you’ll learn more about abdominal breathing, Qi movement and how to rid waste Qi. This will help you to feel more relaxed and energised.
If you are new to Qigong you’ll probably find my Ultimate Guide To Health and Wellbeing With Qigong very helpful which explains the origins and benefits of Qigong along with 10 beginner Qigong exercises to get you started.
You can click the red “subscribe” button to join my YouTube channel. That way you won’t miss any future Qigong lessons from me.
Click here to join our Qigong group on Facebook.