Lesson 38 – Qigong Warm Up Routine (Replay of Live Qigong Class)
This is a replay of a live session showing you a Qigong routine for Spring, taught by myself, Dr. Janice Tucker. I have been teaching Qigong for two decades and am the founder of the Space To Relax Programme of Qigong video lessons. I’m also a practitioner of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. You can join my live classes on Zoom every Thursday at 4 pm Irish time. Click here to join us (lesson replays sent out by email in case you can’t make it).
These classes are free and everyone is welcome. However, if you’d like to contribute as a thank you for the class click here. 50% of donations will go to the ICU staff in my local hospital in Co. Kerry. The other 50% goes towards the upkeep of this website.
Qigong Warm Up Routine – Introduction
Purpose of Qigong Warm Up Routine
If we feel cold then the circulation and flow of Qi tend to be more sluggish. This Qigong warm up routine shows you a quick, 5 minute, series of exercises to warm the physical body to permit the increased flow of Qi and blood. You can use this routine:
1. As a preparation for further Qigong practice, especially if you are practising outside in the winter.
2. To warm cold hands and feet (or your whole body) if you are someone who suffers from the cold.
Qigong Warm Up Routine – Method
- Begin with Abdominal Breathing.
- Open and close the hands – really fast – then observe how the hands feel.
- Hold up the arms then open and close the hands fast, then observe.
- Push heels of your hands across the body in turn, combining this movement with your mind and breath.
- With feet hip-width distance apart, bend and straighten the knees, as though you are trying to sit down and stand up, taking care to move the hips back rather than the knees too far forward in front of the toes (this will protect the knees).
- From a horse stance perform the arm exercise in point 4, sinking the weight as you push the heel of the hand to the side and rising as you come back to centre. Don’t forget to breathe! And smile! 😁
- Come back to Abdominal Breathing to consolidate your practice, feeling the lovely warmth and tingling sensations that increased Qi and blood flow has brought to your body.
- You can then proceed with your a Qi circulation method such as the “Circles” exercise to allow for the flow of Qi in the four directions, energising and enlivening the body and mind.
Please watch the following videos I made previously which you can also use in conjuction with this Qigong warm up routine.
Previous Live Lesson Replays
Previous live lesson replays are listed below and can be found on my blog page.
What Can I Do Next?
To sign up and attend the live online sessions please click here. Classes are free of charge and suitable if you’re a beginner or have more Qigong experience. Once you sign up I’ll send details to your email with links to the Zoom classes (check your junk/spam folders for notifications). Please share this information with your family and friends as everyone is more than welcome.
If you’d like to take your practice to the next level with my structured, step-by-step Space To Relax Qigong programme of 50 video lessons accompanied by audio and PDF files with support from me every step of the way then click here.
To get my free part video series of 3 Qigong lessons which will be delivered to you by email over the course of one week please click here. In these lessons you’ll learn more about abdominal breathing and Qi movement along with how to rid waste Qi from your body in order to feel more relaxed and energised.
You can also click the red “subscribe” button to join my YouTube channel. That way, you won’t miss any future Qigong lessons from me.