This Qigong routine is a replay of a previous class showing you a 30-minute Qigong morning practice. This is the perfect way to help relieve stiff muscles and joints in the morning, energise the body and wake up the mind. It was part of a live Qigong class I taught on Zoom.
This lesson was taught by myself, Dr. Janice Tucker, the founder of the Space To Relax Programme of Qigong video lessons.
If you’d like to contribute as a thank you for the class click here. 50% of donations will go to the ICU staff in my local hospital in Co. Kerry. The other 50% goes towards the upkeep of this website.
I have been teaching Qigong for two decades and am a practitioner of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. My passion is helping people just like you to develop skills, knowledge and tools to rebalance and maintain your health.
30-Minute Qigong Morning Practice – Introduction
Getting your day off to a good start can often determine how the rest of your day will go. Having a morning routine of Qigong is a great way to enliven the body and mind after sleeping. When we are sleeping circulation of Qi and blood slows. Sometimes in the morning it can take a while for the circulation to increase so we may feel sluggish, stiff in the muscles and joints and mentally “foggy”.
The Qigong routine in the video on this page shows you a simple morning routine to follow along with. It’s 30 minutes long but if you don’t have that much time in the morning to practice, simply select your favourite movements from this routine and spend a few minutes practicing those. Any Qigong practice is better than none at all! 🙂
30-Minute Qigong Morning Practice – Method
- Begin by standing and performing a few abdominal breaths to bring yourself into the Qigong state.
- “Waking Up The Breath“. Tap the lung area, front and back, with loose fists while practicing abdominal breathing.
- Open and expand the chest and upper back.
- Circle hips to relax the hip area.
- With legs twice shoulder width distance apart and knees straight, gently lean back to create a stretch in the groin area.
- Bend the knees to strengthen knees and thighs.
- Ankle circles, focusing the mind on the inside of the joints.
- Rub palms together to generate heat then rub face with warm hands to nourish the eyes and brain.
- Vibrate the whole body to release any remaining stiffness and relax the muscles.
- Consolidate your practice with a few abdominal breaths.
Additional Video Resources & Further Tips
Other Qigong tips for an energising Morning routine are in the links below:
- 3 Tips for Morning Qigong Exercise
- 10 Minute Morning Qigong Practice
- 40 Minute Qigong Morning Routine
You’ll find many other live lesson replays on my blog page. Take a look at some of them to find methods that you can easily combine with this one. You can use the search box on the blog page to find any topics you are interested in.
What Can I Do Next?
If you’d like to take your practice to the next level with my structured, step-by-step Space To Relax Qigong programme of 50 video lessons accompanied by audio and PDF files with support from me every step of the way then click here.
To get my free part video series of 3 Qigong lessons which will be delivered to you by email over the course of one week please click here. In these lessons, you’ll learn more about abdominal breathing, Qi movement and how to rid waste Qi. This will help you to feel more relaxed and energised.
If you are new to Qigong you’ll probably find my Ultimate Guide To Health and Wellbeing With Qigong very helpful. It explains the origins and benefits of Qigong along with 10 beginner Qigong exercises to get you started.
You can click the red “subscribe” button to join my YouTube channel. That way you won’t miss any future Qigong lessons from me.
Click here to join our Qigong group on Facebook.