Lesson 83 – How To Get “Unstuck” With 3 Qigong Exercises (Replay of Live Lesson)
This video shows you a gentle 20-minute Qigong routine to become “unstuck” with 3 Qigong exercises. If you physically feel as though you have stagnant Qi which can manifest as pain, cramp, congestion or digestive problems or mentally like you are “stuck in the mud”, depressed, anxious or unmotivated, why not try these three Qigong exercises to help relieve this feeling of stagnation?
This lesson was taught by myself, Dr. Janice Tucker, the founder of the Space To Relax Programme of Qigong video lessons.
These classes are free and everyone is welcome, however, if you’d like to contribute as a thank you for the class click here. 50% of donations will go to the ICU staff in my local hospital in Co. Kerry. The other 50% goes towards the upkeep of this website.
I have been teaching Qigong for two decades and am a practitioner of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. My passion is helping people just like you to develop skills, knowledge and tools to rebalance and maintain your health.
You can join my live classes on Zoom on the first Thursday of each month at 4 pm Irish time by clicking here (lesson replays are sent out by email in case you can’t make it).
How To Get “Unstuck” With 3 Qigong Exercises – Introduction
In our modern day world with our often hectic schedules of often trying to fit too many things into our busy schedules, it is common for us to feel “stuck”. This stuck feeling can manifest either:
- Physically – by way of pain, clots, cramps, headaches, premenstrual tension, digestive issues or sinus/chest congestion;
- Mentally/Emotionally – by way of brain fog, anger, feeling unmotivated, depressed, anxious or simply “stuck in the mud”.
This stuck feeling in terms of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is described as stagnant Qi and can be caused by many factors, for example:
- poor diet;
- too much screen time;
- lack of physical movement;
- excess alcohol;
- toxins in the environment.
Three of the main systems in the body which are particularly subject to this feeling of stagnant Qi or “stuckness” are:
- The Lung system – which when not functioning optimally can lead to a build-up of Qi in the chest manifesting as breathing difficulties, chest or sinus congestion.
- The Spleen system – which when overcome by excess can lead to a heavy, bloated, “stuck in the mud” feeling, especially in the abdominal area as Spleen governs the whole of digestion in TCM terms.
- The Liver system – which is responsible for the smooth flow of Qi so is often affected.
How To Get “Unstuck” With 3 Qigong Exercises – Method
- Begin by sitting or standing and performing a few abdominal breaths to bring yourself into the Qigong state.
- Release stagnant or stuck Qi in the chest and lungs with a chest opening exercise.
- Raising Up A Single Hand to release stuck Qi in the digestive and Spleen systems.
- “Polish the Table Top” and “Side Stretch” to relieve stuck Qi in the Liver system.
- Consolidate your practice with a few abdominal breaths.
The video replay of a live Qigong class shows you how to get “unstuck” with 3 Qigong exercises, focusing on the Lung, Spleen and Liver systems.
Additional Video Resources & Further Tips
In addition to this 20 minute Qigong routine for relieving stagnant Qi, you may find the routines listed below helpful.
- Qigong for Chest Congestion and Anxiety
- Qigong Exercises For Spleen and Stomach
- Qigong Exercises For Liver Cleansing
You’ll find many other live lesson replays on my blog page. Take a look at some of them to find methods that you can easily combine with this one. You can use the search box on the blog page to find any topics you are interested in.
What Can I Do Next?
To sign up and attend the live online sessions please click here. Classes are free of charge and suitable if you’re a beginner or have more Qigong experience. After you sign up I’ll send details to your email with links to the Zoom classes. Check your junk/spam folders for notifications and then share this information with your family and friends as everyone is more than welcome.
If you’d like to take your practice to the next level with my structured, step-by-step Space To Relax Qigong programme of 50 video lessons accompanied by audio and PDF files with support from me every step of the way then click here.
To get my free part video series of 3 Qigong lessons which will be delivered to you by email over the course of one week please click here. In these lessons, you’ll learn more about abdominal breathing, Qi movement and how to rid waste Qi. This will help you to feel more relaxed and energised.
If you are new to Qigong you’ll probably find my Ultimate Guide To Health and Wellbeing With Qigong very helpful which explains the origins and benefits of Qigong along with 10 beginner Qigong exercises to get you started.
You can click the red “subscribe” button to join my YouTube channel. That way you won’t miss any future Qigong lessons from me.
Click here to join our Qigong group on Facebook.