Lesson 18-Qi Ball Exercise (Replay of Live Qigong Class)
This is a replay of a live session showing you a Qigong routine for Spring, taught by myself, Dr. Janice Tucker. I have been teaching Qigong for two decades and am the founder of the Space To Relax Programme of Qigong video lessons. I’m also a practitioner of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. You can join my live classes on Zoom every Thursday at 4 pm Irish time. Click here to join us (lesson replays sent out by email in case you can’t make it).
These classes are free and everyone is welcome. However, if you’d like to contribute as a thank you for the class click here. 50% of donations will go to the ICU staff in my local hospital in Co. Kerry. The other 50% goes towards the upkeep of this website.
Qi Ball Exercise – Introduction
If you have been enjoying these classes during the last couple of months and you’d like to donate something by way of a thank you, I’ll be giving 50% of donations to the ICU nurses in my local hospital. Click here to donate.
Introduction To Qi Ball Exercise
In this video you can follow along with a Qi ball exercise. This is your opportunity to have some fun with Qigong and experience the feeling of emitting your own Qi! Benefits include:
1. opening up and “dredging” the channels of Qi flow in your arms and hands;
2. calming and clearing your mind;
3. improving your ability to observe what is happening in your body;
4. relaxation on a physical, mental and emotional level.
Qi Ball Exercise – Method
1. Adopt the Qigong sitting or standing posture (more here).
2. Begin with Abdominal Breathing to get into the “Qigong State” of calm and relaxation (more details here).
3. Perform some simple movements of your neck, shoulders and hands to open up the pathways of Qi circulation (more here).
4. Practice the “Circles” exercise to encourage Qi circulation the four directions (see more detail here).
5. Follow along with the Qi Ball method.
6. End the practice with abdominal breathing, paying attention to how you feel physically, mentally and emotionally.
Integration into Your Day
You can practice this Qi ball exercise any time you have a few minutes to spare. However, you’ll gain more benefit from it if you have more time to experience the wonderful feelings of Qi in and between your hands. It’s a lovely exercise to practice in nature and a really good one to teach to children as they think it’s great fun!
Previous Live Lesson Replays
Previous live lesson replays are listed below and can be found on my blog page.
What Can I Do Next?
To sign up and attend the live online sessions please click here. Classes are free of charge and suitable if you’re a beginner or have more Qigong experience. Once you sign up I’ll send details to your email with links to the Zoom classes (check your junk/spam folders for notifications). Please share this information with your family and friends as everyone is more than welcome.
If you’d like to take your practice to the next level with my structured, step-by-step Space To Relax Qigong programme of 50 video lessons accompanied by audio and PDF files with support from me every step of the way then click here.
To get my free part video series of 3 Qigong lessons which will be delivered to you by email over the course of one week please go to my homepage. In these lessons you’ll learn more about abdominal breathing and Qi movement. In addition, you’ll learn how to rid waste Qi from your body order to feel more relaxed and energised.
You can also click the red “subscribe” button to join my YouTube channel. That way, you won’t miss any future Qigong lessons from me.