This video shows you some Qigong exercises for Lungs and immunity and a simple Qigong meditation to allow more Qi to flow through the Lung channel and organs, helping to improve your breathing and enhance your resistance to infections. It was taught by myself, Dr. Janice Tucker, the founder of the Space To Relax Programme of Qigong video lessons.
These classes are free and everyone is welcome, however, if you’d like to contribute as a thank you for the class click here. 50% of donations will go to the ICU staff in my local hospital in Co. Kerry. The other 50% goes towards the upkeep of this website.
I have been teaching Qigong for two decades and am a practitioner of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. My passion is helping people just like you to develop skills, knowledge and tools to rebalance and maintain your health.
You can join my live classes on Zoom every Thursday at 4 pm Irish time. Click here to join us (lesson replays sent out by email in case you can’t make it).
Qigong Exercises For Lungs And Immunity – Introduction
I made this video in response to a request from one of my Qigong students who wanted some Qigong exercises to help her during her recovery from a lingering respiratory infection.
In terms of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) the Lung system is associated with:
- healthy and effortless breathing;
- resistance to disease and a healthy immune system;
- regulation of the function of skin (opening and closing of the pores);
- the season of autumn;
- the emotion of grief.
When Lung is not functioning in an optimal way the following symptoms may be observed as a result:
- Breathing difficulties;
- Poor resistance to disease; easily catching coughs, colds and infections;
- Poor regulation of sweating;
- Eczema and other skin conditions;
- Prolonged sadness and grief.
The Qigong exercises in the video on this page will help you to create the optimum conditions of healthy Lung function. As a result you may feel more energised and “lighter” in both body and mind.
Qigong Exercises For Lungs and Immunity- Method
- Sitting or Standing Posture – you can practice this exercise either position.
- Tapping along the Lung channel.
- Open and close along the back of the body with arm movements.
- Arm extented to one side with heel of hand press. Right arm, then left arm, then both arms together. Exhale as you press the heel of the hand while also thinking of the the lung channel running from base of the collar bone down the arm and out of the end of the thumb.
- Shake out the hands.
- Qigong meditation. Use the Lung sound from the “Six Healing Sounds” method to discharge waste Qi from the Lung. Visualise the Lung; back and front, top and bottom. In your mind’s eye, fill the lungs with nourishing, energising Qi, filling them up from bottom to top.
- Consolidate your practice with a few abdominal breaths.
Additional Video Resources
- Qigong for Immunity
- Qigong for Asthma and Breathing Difficulties
- Relieve Chest Congestion and Anxiety with Qigong
- Qigong for Grief
- Breathing Properly with a Face Mask
You’ll find many other live lesson replays on my blog page. Take a look at some of them to find methods that you can easily combine with this one. You can use the search box on the blog page to find any topics you are interested in.
What Can I Do Next?
To sign up and attend the live online sessions please click here. Classes are free of charge and suitable if you’re a beginner or have more Qigong experience. After you sign up I’ll send details to your email with links to the Zoom classes. Check your junk/spam folders for notifications and then share this information with your family and friends as everyone is more than welcome.
If you’d like to take your practice to the next level with my structured, step-by-step Space To Relax Qigong programme of 50 video lessons accompanied by audio and PDF files with support from me every step of the way then click here.
To get my free part video series of 3 Qigong lessons which will be delivered to you by email over the course of one week please click here. In these lessons you’ll learn more about abdominal breathing, Qi movement and how to rid waste Qi. This will help you to feel more relaxed and energised.
If you are new to Qigong you’ll probably find my Ultimate Guide To Health and Wellbeing With Qigong very helpful which explains the origins and benefits of Qigong along with 10 beginner Qigong exercises to get you started.
You can click the red “subscribe” button to join my YouTube channel. That way you won’t miss any future Qigong lessons from me.
Click here to join our Qigong group on Facebook.