This is a replay of a live session showing you a Qigong routine for Spring, taught by myself, Dr. Janice Tucker. I have been teaching Qigong for two decades and am the founder of the Space To Relax Programme of Qigong video lessons. I’m also a practitioner of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. You can join my live classes on Zoom every Thursday at 4 pm Irish time. Click here to join us (lesson replays sent out by email in case you can’t make it).
These classes are free and everyone is welcome. However, if you’d like to contribute as a thank you for the class click here. 50% of donations will go to the ICU staff in my local hospital in Co. Kerry. The other 50% goes towards the upkeep of this website.
Qigong For Resilience – Developing The Skill
Resilience is our ability to face problems and stresses so that we can successfully navigate challenges in life. Think of it as a skill you can develop by using a toolbox of methods to draw on. Examples could be the strategy of talking and asking for help, spending time in nature, meditating, feeling the fear and pushing through it. You can add Qigong to your toolbox as further support in acquiring greater resilience, a quality which we could all benefit from in the current climate!
Qigong For Resilience – Method
- Begin by taking a comfortable standing (more on Qigong stance here) or sitting position (more on seated Qigong here).
- Settle into your practice by relaxing your body and mind with Abdominal Breathing.
- Following along with the “Shooting Vulture” movement, one of the “8 Pieces of Brocade” method which you can find in my Space To Relax Programme of 50 Qigong videos lessons.
- Relax the body and twist from side to side to perform the “Knocking on the Gates/Door of Life” method.
- “Stand on Tiptoes To Rid the 1000 Diseases” movement which is fabulous for balance too (and another of the “8 Pieces of Brocade”).
- Consolidate your practice with a few abdominal breaths.
Please watch the following videos I made previously which you can also use to help develop the skill of being more resilient to life’s challenges!
- Qigong for Emotional Balance (to calm your mind).
- Release Fear With Qigong
- Qigong for Energy Protection.
- A Grounding Qigong Routine.
Previous Live Lesson Replays
Previous live lesson replays are listed below and can be found on my blog page.
What Can I Do Next?
To sign up and attend the live online sessions please click here. Classes are free of charge and suitable if you’re a beginner or have more Qigong experience. Once you sign up I’ll send details to your email with links to the Zoom classes (check your junk/spam folders for notifications). Please share this information with your family and friends as everyone is more than welcome.
If you’d like to take your practice to the next level with my structured, step-by-step Space To Relax Qigong programme of 50 video lessons accompanied by audio and PDF files with support from me every step of the way then click here.
To get my free part video series of 3 Qigong lessons which will be delivered to you by email over the course of one week please click here. In these lessons you’ll learn more about abdominal breathing and Qi movement along with how to rid waste Qi from your body in order to feel more relaxed and energised.
You can also click the red “subscribe” button to join my YouTube channel. That way, you won’t miss any future Qigong lessons from me.